« Home | The Wisconsin Marriage Amendment: The Debate Over ... » | The Major Court Battles on the Horizon » | Debate on the Constitution at Marquette » | Eugene Volokh Explains the Federalist Society » | Former First Lady Barbara Bush is a Handsome Woman... » | The First Year of John Roberts »

Now that's my idea of an afterlife!

Hello fellow Fed's,
Mr. Adams here, I just finished reading Joseph J. Ellis' Founding Brothers, The Revolutionary Generation, a great read and very informative, but I would expect nothing less from the winner of the Pulitzer (also check out his great bio of Jefferson American Sphinx). I felt that I should share this next passage written by my distant, but genealogically proven, relative John Adams to Thomas Jefferson discussing the possibility of the afterlife.

"If it would be revealed or demonstrated that there is no future state, my advice to every man, woman, and child would be, as our existence would be in our own power, to take opium."

What can I say, it simply runs in the family.

Mr. Adams

Well at least this is something that caught my attention. It is a little boring reading an article on Eminent Domain, only to find that it is cross posted here, and I have nothing to read.

However Mr. Adams, I must admit that I was suprised that you did not disclose that this statement was not representative of your own views, or the views of MULS, or anything having to do with MU. Have we learned nothing baout Dental-Gate?

Anyway, keep up the good work.

I hope to see some new original posts here so that I have more non-essential, esssential reading to do.

Post a Comment